Stuffed Flank Steak
|1||Roasted Red Pepper Dip Mix|
|2 lbs||flank steak|
|5 oz||frozen spinach, thawed|
|8 oz||crumbled Bleu cheese|
|2 Tbs||dry bread crumbs|
|1 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 Tbs||olive oil|
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lay steak on the work surface.
3. With a rolling pin or meat tenderizer pound out steak leaving it approximately a 1/4" thick.
4. Season steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Next squeeze liquid from spinach; discard liquid.
6. In a medium-size bowl, combine Dip Mix, spinach, cheese, bread crumbs, and egg yolk.
7. Press filling onto steak, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
8. Roll up steak to enclose filling. Tie steak with cotton twine at 2-inch intervals to secure (or secure with toothpicks).
9. Rub outside with oil, then sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
10. Roast at 425 degrees for 35 minutes, then increase heat to broil and broil for 10 minutes, turning once.
11. Let meat rest, remove twine, slice and serve.
Tip: If Bleu cheese isn't your favorite try cream cheese instead!