Shop Our ...
|1||Holiday - Apple Strudel|
|2 sheets||frozen puff pastry, thawed|
|5 cups||apple; peeled, cored, and sliced|
Makes 2 strudel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sautee apples in butter for about 5 minutes or until to desired tenderness.
- Add flour and Apple Strudel Mix (save topping for later) and stir continuously until dissolved.
- Lightly roll puff pastry and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle both sheets with the contents of the topping packet.
- Place half of the apple mixture in the center of each pastry. Then, press the edges together, cutting any excess dough where it would overlap.
- Beat one egg and brush over the tops of both strudel. Lastly, cut 3-4 slits in the top of the dough for venting.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.